Few of us get through life without a few scars, and usually they don’t really matter. But if it bothers you, we have the means to reduce the appearance of them.
We use fractional Erbium laser resurfacing. This treatment essentially removes the top layer of your skin including scar tissue while stimulating the growth of new collagen deep within your tissues. These effects remodel your skin and smooth visible scarring away.
There is minimal discomfort during treatment. Directly after treatment we cool the area with cold air for 10 to 15 minutes. You will experience a hot feeling on your skin and some tenderness for a week or so.
This is a fairly aggressive treatment, and it’s important that you put time aside for healing and recovery, particularly if it is in an area which is subject to stress or friction during work or every day activities.
Do not apply fake tan / self tanning products to the area. We can not treat you if these products are on or next to the scarred area
• Wash area well
• Avoid swimming in chlorinated water immediately before treatment
• Don’t be hungry, or thirsty, don't be hung-over or have just worked a nightshift
• You may choose to take paracetamol an hour before treatment to help mitigate treatment associated pain if that’s a safe drug for you to use, but please do not consume aspirin, ibuprofen or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAID’s)
• Please do not have any kind of product on the area to be treated on the day of treatment, including fake tan
• We will intensively cool the site and apply aloe vera gel liberally to the treated area immediately after treatment
• Treated areas will white, flaky looking and may have a brown tint
• Avoid any activity which might cause friction or stretching of the site following laser treatment
• Do not pick scratch or otherwise irritate the treated area
• Wash the area gently at least daily and apply 50:50 Paraffin barrier ointment
• Avoid all heat treatments including hot baths, saunas, steam rooms and hot showers directly on the treated area
• No swimming in chlorinated water
• Some tenderness may be felt for the first 2 weeks
• The surface of the treated area will slough away, and new pink skin will be revealed underneath